This article spells out just how bad things are right now:
The COA Impact Report reveals continued negative trending in the nation's cancer care delivery system. During the past six years 1,338 clinics and practices have been impacted as follows:
- 288 individual clinic sites closed
- 407 practices are struggling financially
- 43 practices sending all patients elsewhere for treatment
- 469 practices have entered into contractual relationship or have been acquired by a hospital
- 131 practices have merged or been acquired by an entity other than a hospital
If you doc seems more stressed out than usual - or you can't get an appointment - this issue is very real and very important. Thanks for your support and thanks for reading.